In this course, I will walk you through the entire set up of a Google Ad account for your small business, from start-to-finish including conversion tracking. You'll have high quality expanded text ads (large ads on Google search results) by the end of the day if you purchase and complete this step-by-step walkthrough.
I will walk you through everything to walk you through creating your own Google Ad (formerly known as AdWords) account and ad campaigns and track things like phone calls, form fills, and key page visits.
I use all agency-used best practices to create a Google Ad (AdWords) account and Google Tag Manager (GTM) account. I pick keywords, set up ads, set up targeting, and conversion tracking (form fills, phone calls, button clicks) and record my screen to walk you through every step.
I use my agency experience to walk you through the entire process using agency best practices, so you can save a ton on agency costs.
- Picking Keywords - I show you what the match types are and what to use.
- Creating Expanded Ads - This is the larger ad format so you can have a large spot on the search engine results page when it matters.
- Conversion Tracking Using Google Tag Manager (GTM) - This is a crash course itself. You'll learn how to track phone calls, clicks to any button, and form fills.
Using this course, you'll likely be able to create a better Google search campaign than most analysts at agencies, as many of them do not provide any standardized training.
Yes, Google offers courses, and their "PPC certification" program, but let's face it - you can Google search all the answers to the test and it doesn't mean much. Also, Google is incentivized to increase CPC - the ad platform is auction based, so they will want you to structure your account so targeting is broad and CPCs are high. This course is unbiased and based 100% on experience in agencies (over 5 years) and running paid search accounts freelance (over 4 years).
Also - Google AdWords changed to Google Ads in June of 2018, and the whole interface took a major overhaul. If you're considering any courses from before that time, they will not be able to walk you through the interfaces of Google Ads and Google Tag Manager, as I do in this class (created March 2019).
The Modules in this Course Break Down as Follows:
- Module 1 - Creating your first Google Ads (AdWords) account and setting up the account architecture. I literally walk through setting up a Gmail account, so you can't possibly be starting any fresher.
- Module 2 - Here we'll walk through the match types for keywords because using the wrong match type can drive your costs up astronomically, and show your ad for irrelevant search queries. I will also talk about using your website & existing content to create your keywords list and creating negative keywords.
- Module 3 - Creating ads & ad extensions. We're going to walk through exactly how to create ads using your website content. We'll also create sitelinks and phone call extensions, which allow users to call your business directly from the ad.
- Module 4 - Campaign settings. We're going to make sure we have the right settings to only show ads in relevant areas, including layered geographic targeting, and all of the appropriate campaign/account targeting settings.
- Module 5 - Conversion tracking. This is it's own course and is major ROI for anyone who buys this course. I will walk you through:
- Creating a Google Tag Manager (GTM) account.
- Implementing GTM on a WordPress site.
- Finding key pages on your site, and tracking them.
- Implementing Google Dynamic Call Tracking - this swaps your phone number for a Google generated phone number so we can track phone calls from paid ads.
- Module 6 - Outro & Potential Pitfalls. Just so you don't make the same mistakes I have in my years doing this.
Lastly – You get to keep ALL the material we go through in the course. This will be enough for you to build your own cost-efficient campaigns consistently.
I'm a former Mechanical Engineer, and changed my career to digital marketing only 5 years ago. Since then I've worked at a few agencies and was most recently a search marketing manager at DigitasLBi. In April of 2018, I decided to go full-time freelance and specialize in consulting, building, & managing my own clients. I've grown my consultancy & blog The SEM Source considerably and now work with agency partners and vendors to provide a wide variety of services. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn or reach out to me at [email protected].